Sometimes we crave to eat something that is salty or sweet and bad for our health. The bad news are that if give in to those cravings and you start eating junk food, you are going to fail your diet. The good news, you can eat healthy junk food, which has the same taste as the bad junk food, but instead of bad for your health, it’s the quite opposite, it’s healthy for you.
This is not only going to help you lose more fat and get rid of the annoying cravings that stop you from achieving your wanted body, this will help you to lead a much healthier life.
I don’t expect you to go to Mcdonalds and ask for a healthy menu. You are going to make your healthy junk food at your home, which is the best part. I enjoy cooking.
Lets take a look at the king of junk food, the burger.
- Two white buns (Low quality calories, simple/fast acting carbohydrates)
- Fried meatball (Low quality calories, trans and saturated fats)
- Ketchup (Low quality calories, sugar)
As you can see the burger is going to help you gain a lot of fat. But lets be honest here, we all like to eat burgers. But at the same time we are trying to lose fat. So here is what we are going to do
Lets take a look at the healthy burger.
- Two whole grain buns (High quality calories, complex/slow acting carbohydrtes)
- Grilled meatball (High quality calories)
- Salsa (High quality calories, complex carbohydrates)
- Vegetables (High quality calories, complex carbohydrates)
The healthy burger is going to increase your metabolism, it’s going to give the best quality carbohydrates, it’s going to give you long lasting energy, it will give you vitamins and minerals.
We all love french fries right ? But we cannot eat any, because they are rich on trans and saturated fats.
French fries are fried in a lot of oil. I think they use up to 500ml of oil. So here is what we are going to do.
Buy 5 potatoes. Cut them into what ever shape you want. Instead of normal oil we are going to use olive or coconut oil. They are rich of Monounsaturated fats, Polyunsaturated fats, Omega-3, and Omega-6 fatty acids. Put two tablespoons of olive or coconut oil in the pan. Put the sliced potatoes. And fry them. After 3-5 minutes you are going to have a batch of healthy french fries.
What about chips salty, crunchy, delicious unhealthy food. Well you have two options.
- Cut potatoes in a chip for and fry them into olive/coconut oil.
- Replace the chips with crunchy whole grained crackers. They have an amazing taste by the way.
I have tried both ways and both worked just fine for met. If you want to experiment with your cooking skills pick the first one, if not the second one is for you!
But what if we are craving for piece of cake ? Make your self a cup brownie.
- Put one whole egg/egg white, a tablespoon of 100% natural peanut butter, one scoop of chocolate protein powder, and mix it all int a coffee cup.
- Put the cup in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and you have your self a chocolate cup brownie.
Every single junk food can be transformed into something healthy. The best part is that the taste is going to be amazing.
Thank you for reading this article, if this was helpful for you please share it, it helps the blog grow.