There are a lot of tricks and techniques that will help you gain more muscle week after week. That is exactly why I am going to give you my “12 ways to gain more muscle” list.
1. Rest is very important if you are trying to gain muscle or lose fat and if you don’t rest enough you are most definitely going to fail trying. While you give your body some time to rest you are allowing your muscles to recover and be ready to be used in a workout again. Make sure that you give each muscle group at least 6 days to recover before being used again.
2. Eat, you will have to consume a good amount of calories, carbohydrates, protein, and fats, to gain more muscle. Visit the MuscleTech calorie calculator to calculate how much of each nutrient should you eat daily.
3. Lift heavy, make sure you are lifting heavy enough to complete only 6-8 reps. Don’t over-do your self, you are going to injure your self while performing the exercise. And that is exactly what we DO NOT want to happen!
4. Warm up, before proceeding with your workout make sure you have a 5-10 minutes warm up. Walk or have a ride on a bike in the gym just to make blood start moving in your body. Of course warm up the muscles that you are going to use in the workout.
5. Cool down. After every workout take cool down by performing low intensity cardio on any device you wish from the gym.
6. Drink water, drinking water will keep your muscles hydrated. Make sure that you drink up to 8 glasses of water a day. Water also increases your metabolism, which helps lower down fat gains.
7. Consume vitamins and minerals. Vitamins are important for every bodybuilder. Make sure you buy your self multi-vitamins from the store, they are not expensive.
8. Get a spotter, invite a friend or ask some one from the gym to spot you. They will give you some help for the last one or two reps. This will boost your muscle gains a lot, because those two reps in the end are going to make your muscles explode !
9. Drink coffee. Drink one cup of black coffee one hour before your workout. Instead of tacking creatine, which is chemistry, coffee will give you the same boost. This way you will have A LOT of energy during the workout and perform more sets.
10. Stretch. Stretching is good for your body. This way you loosen up your muscle from the physical tension you have put them in during the workout in the gym. Don’t over-do it, you can easily injure yourself while you are stretching.
11. Put on headphones. During the exercise put on headphones and isolate yourself from everybody in the gym, except the spotter. Put on some motivating music and start working hard. This small motivation coming from your headphones will help you do more sets and lift heavier.
12. Eat simple carbs after your workout. Make sure you consume simple carbohydrates after your workout (two slices of white bread) and THEN drink a protein shake. If you don’t do this and only consume protein after your exercises, you are not going to put on mass, because the shake that you are going to drink is going to be used for energy, and protein is the worst source of energy.
Follow these little tricks and techniques and you are going to see results after the first week.
Thank you for joining Thebodybuildingblog101. If I have helped you out with something please don’t forget to share this, it helps the blog to grow. Don’t forget to check us out at Facebook!